There is one organisation in South Australia, Australasian Fire & Safety Pty Ltd (AF&S) whose main clientele come from referrals and repeat clients. They are incredibly successful in the area of training and have been in business since 1992. Part of the reason for AF&S continuing success is a desire to provide fantastic service to their clients.
The main services currently provided are practical and theoretical training in Fire Safety, Emergency Procedures, Safe Work in Confined Spaces and Use of Breathing Apparatus. AF&S offer an Emergency Warden Training Course which is composed of:
- Responding to emergency reports, signals and warnings.
- Initiate and control initial emergency response.
- Anticipate the further development of emergencies.
- Assist with post initial response.
Upon satisfactory completion of this unit, the participant will be able to:
- Identify and take appropriate action to emergency reports, signals and warnings.
- Assess emergency situations and possible further development and take appropriate action in accordance with workplace procedures.
- Ensure arrangements are made for people who may require assistance.
- Attend emergency situations and operate according to workplace emergency procedures.
- Identify and wear suitable identification according to workplace emergency procedure and relevant standards.
- Initiate and carry out initial emergency response according to workplace emergency procedures or authorized instruction.
- Carry out check of evacuated places in accordance with workplace emergency procedures.
- Report results of evacuation to relevant person.
- Implement the emergency management strategy based on evaluation of the present scenario and possible further development.
- Ensure evacuation or alternative actions are complete before any post initial response activities are undertaken and these are under the control of the relevant person.
Don’t get caught out with non-compliance of OHS&W Regulations. Get in touch with a Registered Training Organisation at your earliest opportunity and let them train you and your workforce to the relevant standards, a much more cost effective exercise than you may perhaps think.