This competency unit Apply First Aid HLTFA3311A describes the skills and knowledge required to provide first aid response, life support, management of casualty(s), the incident and other first aiders, until the arrival of medical or other assistance.
- DRSABCD Action Plan
- Managing the Unconscious Casualty
- Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR)
- Use of an Automated External Defibrillator (AED)
- Medical emergencies
- Trauma Emergencies
- Bites & Stings
- Active First Aid Manual
- CPR resuscitation mask key ring
- A4 display certificate
- Plastic wallet card
Mixed mode – 8 hours classroom training and assessment combined with completion of a workbook online prior to course attendance.
- Multiple choice quiz
- Progressive practical assessment
- Participants must be 14 years of age or over
- Successful participants will receive a Statement of Attainment
- Legislative approval valid for 3 years from the completion date
- Annual refreshers recommended to maintain current CPR skills
WHAT CAN I DO NEXT?
- HLTFA412A Apply Advanced First Aid
- HLTFA403C Manage First Aid in the Workplace
- Online workbook need to be completed before attend classroom training.
- Due to the practical components of the course, participants are advised to wear comfortable casual attire.
- This unit of competency is nationally recognised and is registered on the National Training Information Service website http://www.ntis.gov.au
- This competency unit Apply First Aid HLTFA311A is conducted in conjunction with Healthcorp Pty Ltd.